You Owe Me a Murder by Eileen Cook
HMH Books for Young Readers on March 5th 2019
Genres: Young Adult, Thriller
Format: Hardcover | Paperback | Audiobook | e-Book
Seventeen-year-old Kim gets more than she bargained for when she is set up for murder. Perfect for fans of One of Us is Lying, E. Lockhart, and Gillian Flynn.
17-year-old Kim never expected to plot a murder. But that was before her boyfriend dumped her for another girl. Now, Kim’s stuck on a class trip to London with him and his new soulmate and she can’t help wishing he was a little bit dead, even if she’d never really do that.
But when Kim meets Nicki, a stranger on the plane who’s more than willing to listen to Kim’s woes, things start to look up. Nicki’s got a great sense of humor, and when she jokes about swapping murders, Kim plays along—that is, until Kim’s ex-boyfriend mysteriously dies.
Blackmailed by Nicki to fulfill her end of the deal, Kim will have to commit a murder or take the fall for one.
- Compelling Writing
- I’ve heard some pretty interesting things of Cook’s books from the past, but sadly I have never read one yet. But the one good thing I keep here is how compelling her writing is. No joke, the rumors are true. I was gripped from beginning to the end!!
- Twisty Plot
- Honestly the title says it all. Two girls make a “pact” to kill for the other. It was all supposed to be a joke, but out protagonist, Kim, will soon find out that Nicki is coming to collect her part of the deal. Who comes up with these things? Very creative!!
- The Ending
- No spoilers, obviously, but I think you will be satisfied with the ending. I have went into thrillers with full force in the past just to be let down by a crap ending. But You Owe Me a Murder gets my stamp of approval for a fully satisfying ending. Maybe you’ll see it coming, maybe you won’t. Read it to find out!!
Get ready for this one Bookworms!
Pick up your copy today and show
the other tour stops some love!
Until next time,
- #BookReleases March 2019
- #TBR: March 2019
- #CoverReveal | February Highlights
- #BlogTour: You Owe Me a Murder by Eileen Cook – A Review of Sorts
- #TBR: February 2019
- #CoverReveal | December / January Highlights