The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw
Published by Simon Pulse on March 6th 2018
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy
Format: Hardcover | Paperback | Audiobook | e-Book
Welcome to the cursed town of Sparrow…
Where, two centuries ago, three sisters were sentenced to death for witchery. Stones were tied to their ankles and they were drowned in the deep waters surrounding the town.
Now, for a brief time each summer, the sisters return, stealing the bodies of three weak-hearted girls so that they may seek their revenge, luring boys into the harbor and pulling them under.
Like many locals, seventeen-year-old Penny Talbot has accepted the fate of the town. But this year, on the eve of the sisters’ return, a boy named Bo Carter arrives; unaware of the danger he has just stumbled into.
Mistrust and lies spread quickly through the salty, rain-soaked streets. The townspeople turn against one another. Penny and Bo suspect each other of hiding secrets. And death comes swiftly to those who cannot resist the call of the sisters.
But only Penny sees what others cannot. And she will be forced to choose: save Bo, or save herself.
- Witchy Goodness
- I am always down for a good wiccan story, and one that features three witchy sisters no less. I was getting Charmed vibes the whole way through. God I loved it.
- Spooky / Eerie vibes
- The Wicked Deep was very atmospheric in ways a lot of novels lack. From the descriptions of the town to the eerie happenings of the plot; everything was so well put together. Puts you in a dark and twisted mood.
- Can’t help but talk about the romance, even if it was a little twisted. I was on board with it from day 1! There was such an intense vibe from the beginning that hooks you more into the story…
- Wicked Plot
- Every year the sister’s come back and drown the local boys? Hello. How cool (kind of morbid to say) is that plot line. Revenge at it’s finest. Even centuries in the making!
Have you read The Wicked Deep? What are your thoughts? I would love to hear them!
Until next time,
- #TBR: April 2019
- #BookReleases April 2019
- #BlogTour: Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan – A Review of Sorts + a Super Awesome Excerpt
- #CoverReveal | March Highlights
- #BookReleases March 2019
- #TBR: March 2019