Welcome back to my blog. I hope you all are having a wonderful Saturday and a great long weekend for my fellow Canadians!
Today is a special day for me here at Books at Dawn. My blog is turns two!! 🎉🎉
I just want to take the time today to thank everyone I have met, and everyone I talk to on a daily basis. Books are such a magical and important part of my life, and I am so grateful I get to share them with you guys!
2nd Blog-o-versary Q&A!!
Last year I talked about change, and what to expect in the future for Books at Dawn. I can say now that I am happy with where my blog is, and happy with where I am in life. To celebrate everything going on in my life, I took to twitter to ask you guys for some questions. So let’s get started!
I would have to say I have read more in the last 2 years than I have ever read in my entire life. But to narrow it down to one book, I will say Red Rising by Pierce Brown!
- So far this year, I have read a mixture of books I absolutely loved, and books I didn’t. But my favorite so far in 2017 is The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas and At the Edge of the Universe by Shaun David Hutchinson!
- I wasn’t much of a reader growing up and through my teen years, but back in 2012/2013 can’t remember exactly, I picked up a book on a whim. It was none other than Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. That book ignited my love for reading and will always hold a special place in my heart!
Oh, a tough one. I wouldn’t mind seeing a very gay collaboration from Adam Silvera and Shaun David Hutchinson. They both make books that will make you cry rivers of tears about characters that are so real and true to me. I think it would be a magical collaboration indeed!
I would have to say it was More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera. I’m sure I would have read it on my own eventually, but if it wasn’t for the magical book community, I would have waited too long!
Jenna! You should know me better than that. HAHA. It is none other than Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. P.S. Have you read the copy I gave you yet?
I’ve always had a fascination with lions. So if I was in an EPIC fantasy I would want a pet lion sidekick. Kinda of like Jasmine from Aladdin with her pet tiger!
3. I want to see Red Rising by Pierce Brown in all of it’s EPICNESS on the big screen. That book has such a cinematic flow to it!
4. Paperbacks, then audiobooks, then ebooks, then hardcovers. Who doesn’t love holding a physical book when reading? Paperbacks are the easiest to do that. I commute pretty far for work and can’t read on the bus without getting ill, so audiobooks are perfect for the long journey. Ebooks have such an easy convenience to them, especially if the only other format for the book available is a hardcover. Don’t get me wrong, I will always purchase hardcovers for my beautiful shelves, but I will rarely read one. Too hard and uncomfortable to hold.
I wouldn’t mind seeing Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley turned into a comic. It was very reminiscent of Sailor Moon and I loved it! I would definitely snag Fiona Staples to do the art. Have you seen her art for Saga and the new Archie comics? So beautiful!
My biggest blogger achievement I would say would have to be that I am still here doing this. I am known to get bored and abandon projects easily. But when it came to blogging, I just find so much joy and passion for it that I don’t see myself stopping any time soon!
Don’t give up! It’s important to stick with it. Even if you don’t think you’re writing is good enough, or your posts aren’t getting enough views. Do it for yourself, and the rest will follow!
5. It’s given me more passion and enthusiasm in life. I wake up with more of a purpose now than I ever have. Reading is fundamental to growing as a human and I not be as imaginative if I didn’t.
6. I have re-read Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes almost 10 times now since I picked up my first copy when it came out. I think I would be happy reading it for the rest of my life.
Adam Silvera or Shaun David Hutchinson. They write the best gay contemporaries that make you feel so many emotions. I would only trust my life story in their hands. (Although my life story isn’t that exciting yet.)
Reading has become the biggest part of my life. But I do enjoy other hobbies as well. TV and movies are a big part of that. And food. Take me out to eat anytime of day and I will be happy forever!
Maria from Big City Bookworm DM’d me on Twitter with a ton of questions that I will answer in this section!
If you could trade lives with anyone for a day, who would you choose and why?
I wouldn’t mind trading lives with someone from the past. It doesn’t have to be someone famous or historical. Maybe a King or prince from long long ago?
You can only use one social network platform for the rest of your life, which do you choose?
Does blogging count as social network? If not, then Instagram would be my second choice!
What is your ideal blogging environment?
On my balcony patio with nice weather, or a coffee shop in a comfy chair!
What inspired you to start blogging?
I was at a point in my life where I didn’t see myself going anyway. I would waste so much time and not be accomplishing anything. Then I decided to do something about it. I took to reading more books which opened up my curiosity and I found the book blogging community. I found a purpose!
Who has been your favourite author that you have met during your blogging career?
How can I choose just one? Morgan Rhodes knew my name the first time I met her and I almost cried. 😭 I got to hug and take a picture with Pierce Brown. 😍 It was a dream of mine to meet Marie Lu. She was so sweet! Meeting Jeff Zentner was magical. You couldn’t ask for a more humble and inspiring author!
Sorry, I couldn’t pick just one!
What would you say is the biggest challenge when it comes to book blogging?
Writing reviews is by far the hardest part of the job. (And my least favorite). I love reading and I love gushing about all the books I love. But when it comes to getting all my thoughts and criticisms down on paper, it’s a struggle.
If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would you live?
Seoul, South Korea hands down. It has been a dream of mine to do so and I hope I get the opportunity to do it one day!
If you could time travel, would you visit the future or the past?
I would definitely go to the past. I’m fascinated with how people lived back in the days. Doesn’t even matter what time period.
What was your favourite childhood book?
A Series of Unfortunate Events would probably be one of the only books I can remember reading as a kid!
What fictional character do you wish you could meet in real life?
There is so many to choose from. But I’ll just go with the ever lovable Magnus Bane from the Shadowhunter world! He always fascinated me.
My 2nd Blogoversary GIVEAWAY
So we’ve come to the part I know you all came for! A thanks to all you lovelies, I am hosting my 2nd Blogoversary Giveaway for you all. So please join in the fun and spread the word!
Thank you guys so much for stopping by and celebrating this wonderful milestone with me! Here’s to many more years of book blogging!
Until next time,