Triad Blood by Nathan Burgoine
Published by Bold Strokes Books on May 1st 2016
Genres: Fiction, Paranormal, M/M Romance
LINKS: Good Reads | Amazon | Indigo | Book Depository
The law of three is unbroken: three vampires form a coterie, three demons make a pack, and three wizards are a coven. That is how it has always been, and how it was always to be.
But Luc, Anders, and Curtis—vampire, demon, and wizard—have cheated tradition. Their bond is not coterie, pack, or coven, but something else. Thrust into the supernatural politics ruling Ottawa from behind the shadows, they face Renard, a powerful vampire who harbors deadly secrets of his own and wishes to end their threat. The enemy they know conjures fire and death at every turn. The enemies they don’t know are worse.
Blood, soul, and magic gave them freedom. Now they need to survive it.
** Received an ARC from Bold Strokes Books via NetGalley for a honest review**
“A vampire, a demon, and a wizard walk into a bar,” Anders said.
COVER 🌟🌟🌟 PLOT 🌟🌟🌟
CHARACTERS 🌟🌟🌟🌟 ROMANCE 🌟🌟🌟
WRITING 🌟🌟🌟 SEX 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
- Let me start off by saying that I quite liked this book. It was neither the best book I’ve read nor the worst book. It was however the first erotic book I have read. I have read other M / M books before but with mild sexual scenes. So I was definitely not used to what this one had to offer!
- I thought the characters were the best part of the book. We follow a Wizard (Curtis), Vampire (Luc), and Demon (Anders) as they try to navigate their new life as a Triad. Things don’t seem to go as planned though. Being a Triad makes them the strongest clan among the rest of the under world. They begin to be targeted to break up their bond. But they don’t give up which is what I liked. Their strong bond goes beyond their powers. They each share a more emotional bond with each other.
- The sex scenes were definitely steamy. I believe it only took one chapter into the book for them to start! I had to take breaks in between reading them to cool down. I loved it!
The more words you use, the more untruths sneak in.
Triad Blood -Nathan Burgoine
- There was nothing quintessentially bad with this book. But there were a few areas I thought were lacking a bit.
- The plot was a bit slow going, the romance fell flat, and the writing didn’t really draw me in.
- I felt like the plot could have been a little more exciting if there was more action packed scenes. They spent too much time playing detectives instead of overcoming their troubles.
- Don’t get me wrong, they have a special bond. But I felt their romance level apart from their sexual acts were bit off. I didn’t feel their undying love which was a bit disappointing.
Over all, I liked this book. It was a great start to enter the adult paranormal erotica genre! Ok, that’s it. Let me know what you guys thought of Triad Blood by Nathan Burgoine! I would love to hear your opinions as well!
Until next time,
His first novel, Light, is available from Bold Strokes Books and was a finalist for both the Lambda Literary Award for LGBT SF/Fantasy/Horror, and the BOTYA 2013 Gay & Lesbian (Adult Fiction) ForeWord award. His second novel, Triad Blood, is available now from Bold Strokes Books. His first novella-length work, “In Memoriam,” is included in the collection On the Run, by Wilde City Press.
A cat lover, ‘Nathan managed to fall in love and marry Daniel, who is a confirmed dog person. Their ongoing “cat or dog?” détente ended with the adoption of Coach, a six-year old husky. They live in Ottawa, Canada, where socialized health care and gay marriage have yet to cause the sky to cave in.