Morning Star by Pierce Brown (Red Rising #3)
Published by Del Rey on February 9th 2016
Genres: Young Adult, Sci-Fi, Action & Adventure
LINKS: Good Reads | Amazon | Indigo | Book Depository
Darrow would have lived in peace, but his enemies brought him war. The Gold overlords demanded his obedience, hanged his wife, and enslaved his people. But Darrow is determined to fight back. Risking everything to transform himself and breach Gold society, Darrow has battled to survive the cutthroat rivalries that breed Society’s mightiest warriors, climbed the ranks, and waited patiently to unleash the revolution that will tear the hierarchy apart from within.
Finally, the time has come.
But devotion to honor and hunger for vengeance run deep on both sides. Darrow and his comrades-in-arms face powerful enemies without scruple or mercy. Among them are some Darrow once considered friends. To win, Darrow will need to inspire those shackled in darkness to break their chains, unmake the world their cruel masters have built, and claim a destiny too long denied – and too glorious to surrender.
*** CHECK OUT THE REVIEW FOR BOOK ONE: RED RISING
AND BOOK TWO: GOLDEN SON ***
** MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS: READ AT OWN RISK!!!**
I rise into darkness, away from the garden they watered with the blood of my friends.
COVER 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 PLOT 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
CHARACTERS 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 ROMANCE 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
WRITING 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 WORLD 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Forget a man’s name and he’ll forgive you. Remember it, and he’ll defend you forever.
Morning Star – Pierce Brown
- Let me start by saying this one took me a while to read. I started it back in when it came out in February, but had to put it down. I wasn’t ready for it to end. I was worried and afraid. But I recently took part in Tome Topple, a big book read-a-thon, and thought there will be no better time to read this book. So I did.
- If you’re looking for a book and series that will destroy you, put you back together again, and then rip you to shreds soon after, then the Red Rising Trilogy is for you!
- Brown wrote the most satisfying ending I could have ever wanted. It wasn’t a happy ending, but it wasn’t sad on either. It was just perfect.
Justice isn’t about fixing the past, it’s about fixing the future. We’re not fighting for the dead. We’re fighting for the living. And for those who aren’t yet born.
Morning Star -Pierce Brown
- The trials and tribulations that Darrow, Mustang, Sevro, Ragnar, Victra and many of our other beloved characters go through was heart breaking, but beautiful.
- The world expands even broader, opening up your imagination for even more space exploration. We get to meet new characters, say good bye to some old ones (oh my heart hurts for that one), and see justice slowing beginning to be achieved.
- Everything about this series is A++. You couldn’t ask for a better series!
- GUYS, I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH. THERE IS NOTHING THAT NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED UPON. OK??
Man is no island. We need those who love us. We need those who hate us. We need others to tether us to life, to give us a reason to live, to feel.
Morning Star – Pierce Brown
This finale broke me, but in all the right places. I couldn’t have asked for a better ending and I cannot wait for Iron Gold Trilogy, the continuation of this world! Ok, that’s it. Let me know what you guys thought of Morning Star by Pierce Brown! I would love to hear your opinions as well!
Until next time,
Now he lives in Los Angeles, where he scribbles tales of spaceships, wizards, ghouls, and most things old or bizarre.