Today is the day. My blog turns 1 today!! Woooooohoooooo~
When I started my blogging journey last January on Blogger, I never thought I would stick with it for this long. (I have a long track record of quitting things). But here I am today, feeling blessed to be apart of such an amazing community of book lovers such as yourselves! I’ve prepared some words I would like to say today, cue the spotlight!
A lot of things have changed over the last year and a half.
- I switched blog providers! I originally began my blogging adventure with Blogger in January 2015. I was having so much fun reading and reviewing. But for whatever reason I decided in July of the same year to switch over to WordPress. I couldn’t be anymore pleased about that. Through WordPress I have been able to connect with more friends and readers, and I find it so much easier to navigate and use!
- My blog theme has changed so many times! I think I may be on theme #4 or 5 right now. I have a trouble with commitment, and I am constantly changing my mind about things. But as for right now, I am quite content with how my blog looks, thanks to Aentee’s amazing header design! It’s nice right?
- Staying true to my commitment issues, I have also changed the way I review books several times over the last year. I used to write paragraph after paragraph for my reviews, then I switched to category reviewing, and finally I have decided it would be easy to rate the book in several categories and then talk about the good and the bad. So far that has been working best for me!
My List of Thank Yous!
I wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for you guys!
- Thank you to my fellow Toronto bloggers! Amanda (Brains, Books, and Brawn), Joey (Thoughts and Afterthoughts), Patty (Bookish Wanderlove), Shelly (Read, Sleep, Repeat), Maria (Big City Bookworm), Erika (Erika Chung), and Christine (Padfoot’s Library). You guys are awesome, and I look forward to all of bookish gatherings and adventures!
- Thank you to my INTL bookish friends! Jenna (Reading with Jenna), Aentee (Read at Midnight), Lois (My Midnight Musing), Nicolette (Nicolette Elzie), Flo (Flowless Books), Ashley (Socially Awkward Bookworm), Sara (Freadom Library), Aimal (Bookshelves and Paperbacks), and Deanna (A Novel Glimpse). Talking with you guys everyday about books and life brings me joy you can’t even imagine! You guys are freaking awesome!!
- To all my favorite authors that keep writing amazing books that I get to rant, love, read, and push to everyone. Thank you for writing these fantastic stories. Morgan Rhodes, Pierce Brown, Leigh Bardugo, Shaun David Hutchinson, Adam Silvera, Marie Lu, Jodi Meadows, and Cinda Williams Chima just to name a few!
- Thank you to all the publishers, and book sellers! You provide such awesome books for us to read and enjoy. A special shout out to Jackie from Simon and Schuster Canada, you’re the best of the best!
- Thank you to all my readers and followers. I honestly wouldn’t be here without you guys. You make me want to keep creating reviews and fun content for you to enjoy. Please keep supporting my blog and interacting with me. It really means the world to me!
This is only the beginning to a fun journey to be had. Now that I’ve hit this very special milestone, I don’t see me turning back! To many more years of blogging, reading, and reviewing!! Here’s what to expect from me in the coming future:
- MORE Reviews. I’m a horrible reviewer when it comes to actually writing them. I’m sorry. But know that I am working harder to provide more reviews for you guys to read! I promise!
- MORE Giveaways. I mean, who doesn’t love giveaways? I’m hoping to host more on a monthly basis. Sounds exciting right?
- MORE Original Content. If you know me, you know I love doing tags and memes! Who doesn’t love those? BUT I also feel like I need to start producing more original content. Lately I have been posting Discussions at Dawn, and they seem to be generating positive response. But don’t worry, the memes and tags will remain. I can’t give those up just yet!
My 1st Blogoversary GIVEAWAY
So we’ve come to the part I know you all came for! A thanks to all you lovelies, I am hosting my 1st Blogoversary Giveaway for you all. So please join in the fun and spread the word!
Thanks again to ALL OF YOU! This has been the best year of my life. Here’s to many more awesome years with you guys!
Until next time,