Siren’s Song by Mary Weber (Storm Siren #3)
Published by HarperCollins on March 1st, 2016
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Action & Adventure
LINKS: Good Reads | Amazon | Indigo | Book Depository
Nym and Draewulf prepare to face off in a battle destined to destroy more lives than it saves.
With the loss of Tulla still fresh in mind, Rasha’s fate unknown, and Lord Myles taken over by the dark ability, Nym and the few Bron soldiers rush to warn Cashlin’s queen. Only to discover it may already be too late for the monarch and her eerie kingdom. As the Luminescents are sifting through Nym’s past memories and the queen is reading into her future, Nym is given a choice of how to defeat Draewulf, but the cost may be more than she can bear. And even then there are no guarantees.
With that reality burrowing into her bones—along with the guilt of the lives she will sacrifice—Nym returns to her homeland of Faelen to raise an army of peasants through promises of freedom. But when the few friends she has left, along with the world and citizens she loves, are staring down the face of a monster and his undead army, will Nym summon every element her blood is capable of controlling . . . or surrender to a different strength—one of sacrifice?
Because in the end, death may be more merciful for them all.
*** CHECK OUT THE REVIEW FOR BOOK ONE: STORM SIREN
AND BOOK TWO: SIREN’S FURY***
** MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS: READ AT OWN RISK!!!**
Short mewing sounds ripple the night air inside the thin wooden shack.
COVER 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 PLOT 🌟🌟🌟🌟
CHARACTERS 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 ROMANCE 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
WRITING 🌟🌟🌟🌟 WORLD 🌟🌟🌟🌟
- This marks the end of this trilogy, and a great way to finish it off! The plot finally concludes and all is worked out in the end.
- Nym’s powers are fully developed and she becomes who she truly is meant to be. Her song is unleashed. Out of all the characters she was one of my favorites. She was flawed, and never thought of herself as the chosen one. She struggled and learned from her mistakes.
- We finally get more back story on our main character and more explanations of the world and myths behind it. Weber’s writing continues with its lyrical prose and vivid descriptions!
- The romance was on the rocks this book, but it was nice to see Nym and Eogan’s bond grow exponentially. It was also nice to see two characters in particular begin to blossom a relationship during all the chaos!
- There were certain things I wished were more explored in the story. I also wish more of the side characters took a more active role in the ending. There was such amazing character growth with the side characters in Siren’s Fury, that I feel was wasted when they were only conveniently used for their powers this time around.
- The final battle wasn’t as grand as it could have been. I felt a little disappointed with it.
I am very satisfied with this finale. Let me know what you guys thought of Siren’s Song by Mary Weber! I would love to hear your opinions as well!
Until next time,