Siren’s Fury by Mary Weber (Storm Siren #2)
Published by HarperCollins on June 2nd, 2015
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Action & Adventure
LINKS: Good Reads | Amazon | Indigo | Book Depository
“I thrust my hand toward the sky as my voice begs the Elemental inside me to waken and rise. But it’s no use. The curse I’ve spent my entire life abhorring—the thing I trained so hard to control—no longer exists.”
Nym has saved Faelen only to discover that Draewulf stole everything she valued. Now he’s destroyed her Elemental storm-summoning ability as well.
When Nym sneaks off with a host of delegates to Bron, Lord Myles offers her the chance for a new kind of power and the whispered hope that it may do more than simply defeat the monster she loathes. But the secrets the Bron people have kept concealed, along with the horrors Draewulf has developed, may require more than simply harnessing a darker ability.
They may require who she is.
Set against the stark metallic backdrop of the Bron kingdom, Nym is faced with the chance to change the future.
Or was that Draewulf’s plan for her all along?
*** CHECK OUT THE REVIEW FOR BOOK ONE: STORM SIREN ***
There is a moment, just before every storm, when the entire world pauses.
COVER 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 PLOT 🌟🌟🌟🌟
CHARACTERS 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 ROMANCE 🌟🌟🌟
WRITING 🌟🌟🌟🌟 WORLD 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
- Guys, look at this cover! It follows the same design as the first book Storm Siren but instead of blue, it features red. This time we get a better look at our main heroine Nym’s face. Fantastic cover!!
- With the departure of some characters from the first book, we get introduced to new characters and some originals get majorly developed. With the events at the end of the first book, Nym’s life is thrown into an upheaval. She is broken, lost, and angry. She will do anything to overcome her difficulties with her powers, and the big bad wolf. Major character growth.
- The writing and plot remained equally as interesting and well done as Storm Siren especially with the direction the plot took.
- And the world building increased as we got to travel to new lands and meet new and exciting people. We got more back story and the power system is built upon and explained more as well.
- The romance took a backseat in Siren’s Fury which was a little disappointing. I was really looking forward to a romance building but with the events that occur during the book I understand why it couldn’t happen.
Overall this was a fantastic sequel and I’m looking forward to what happens in the finale! Ok, that’s it. Let me know what you guys thought of Siren’s Fury by Mary Weber! I would love to hear your opinions as well!
Until next time,