Storm Siren by Mary Weber (Storm Siren #1)
Published by HarperCollins on August 19th, 2014
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Action & Adventure
LINKS: Good Reads | Amazon | Indigo | Book Depository
“I raise my chin as the buyers stare. Yes. Look. You don’t want me. Because, eventually, accidentally, I will destroy you.”
In a world at war, a slave girl’s lethal curse could become one kingdom’s weapon of salvation. If the curse—and the girl—can be controlled.
As a slave in the war-weary kingdom of Faelen, seventeen-year-old Nym isn’t merely devoid of rights, her Elemental kind are only born male and always killed at birth — meaning, she shouldn’t even exist.
Standing on the auction block beneath smoke-drenched mountains, Nym faces her fifteenth sell. But when her hood is removed and her storm-summoning killing curse revealed, Nym is snatched up by a court advisor and given a choice: be trained as the weapon Faelen needs to win the war, or be killed.
Choosing the former, Nym is unleashed into a world of politics, bizarre parties, and rumors of an evil more sinister than she’s being prepared to fight . . . not to mention the handsome trainer whose dark secrets lie behind a mysterious ability to calm every lightning strike she summons.
But what if she doesn’t want to be the weapon they’ve all been waiting for?
Fourteen circles for fourteen owners.
COVER 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 PLOT 🌟🌟🌟🌟
CHARACTERS 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 ROMANCE 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
WRITING 🌟🌟🌟🌟 WORLD 🌟🌟🌟🌟
- Guys, can we start with this beautiful cover? I would be lying if I said this wasn’t a cover buy at first. I was immediately drawn to it when I picked it up a couple years ago. I love the colors, and the cover model depicting our main heroine Nymia. Overall one of my favorite covers ever!
- The plot was very streamline and straightforward. Nymia is the first female Elemental ever, a mistake of nature. Because of this she is constantly being sold from slave owner to slave owner due to her lack of power control. That is until the Kingdom’s war general buys her in order to train and use her to defend against the war on Faelen. It was very fast paced with lots of political intrigue and action scenes!
- I loved the characters in this book. It’s hard not to. Not once does Nym come across as the special snowflake. She is strong willed and confident, but also vulnerable and scared. Colin is such a goofball you can’t help but smile when he’s around. He lifts the spirits of all the characters and is such a happy go lucky kind of guy. And then Eogan, our love interest. He is quiet and reserved, but sweet and thoughtful.
- Weber built a world like no other. With her vivid descriptions and flowing writing style, Storm Siren was set up beautifully for all to imagine.
- I can honestly say that I couldn’t find a fault in Storm Siren. It set up the series in a great way and I can’t wait to see where it goes from here.
Ok, that’s it. Let me know what you guys thought of Storm Siren by Mary Weber! I would love to hear your opinions as well!
Until next time,