Day 3 & 4 | 12 Days of Christmas Blogging
Welcome back to the 12 Days of Christmas Blogging. It is now Day 3 & 4 since I have been bed ridden with the flu this week I missed yesterdays post. Day 3 is about my favorite Christmas recipe. I LOVE food, especially Christmas baked treats. Day 4 is my favorite Christmas story, and I have a good one for you guys!
- Include the photo below in each blog post
- You may start at any point in December
- Use the topic supplied for the post of that day
- Make sure all posts are in December, but they don’t have to be posted consecutively (lets face it it’s a busy time)
- Nominate 3 people after each blog to start the challenge
- Have fun!
Day 3: Your Favorite Christmas Recipe/Food
Shortbread cookies would have to be my favorite Christmas time cookie recipe. My grandma makes the best ones ever, but since I can’t get her to tell me her recipe, I went to the handy dandy google for some help!
- 1½ cups (3 sticks or 12 oz or 340 g) salted butter, softened
- 1 cup (4.41 oz or 125 g) confectioners sugar (icing sugar or powdered sugar)
- 3 cups (13.23 oz or 375 g) all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees.
- Blend butter until smooth in a large bowl using an electric mixer set at medium speed. Slowly blend in the icing sugar. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and combine thoroughly. Add flour and mix at low speed until well blended.
- Pat dough into an ungreased cookie sheet. Alternatively you can roll out the dough so that it’s about ¼ of an inch in thickness and cut them to your desired shape. I placed parchment paper on my cookie sheet, but it’s not necessary.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until just done (slightly golden in color). Do not let it get brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with colored sugar or other sprinkles if desired. Cut into squares if you haven’t pre-cut them and place cookie sheet on wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and enjoy!
It’s that simple guys! If you want to check out more recipes like this one, go check out the website I got it HERE.
Day 4: Share a Christmas Story or Write One of Your Own
So I thought I would tell you guys a little Christmas joke as my story. I heard it from my uncle one year at Christmas dinner. It’s a bit lame, so if you don’t laugh I get it! But I got a good chuckle out it, seeing is his wife is a lawyer! Anyways here it is:
Just before Xmas, an honest politician, a generous lawyer and Santa Claus all got into the elevator at the Ritz Hotel in New York. As the elevator traveled from the 5th floor down to the ground level, one-by-one they noticed a $50 note lying on the elevator’s floor.
Which one picked up the £50 note, and handed it in at reception?
Santa of course, the other two don’t actually exist!
Let me know what some of your favorite recipes or treats to eat at Christmas time are! See ya tomorrow for Day 5!
Until next time,
Categories: Tags & Misc